Charger and Battery for Acer 5741G

Hectorvela89

Prominent
Feb 28, 2017
Hi, I have an Acer Aspire 5741G-434G50Mn and since it is quite old the battery and charger needed to be replaced.

For this I bought a replacement for the charger, which apparently has an Input of 1.5A when the original had an Input of 1.6A, with all other specs equal.

In addition, I decided to upgrade to a 9 cell battery, which has the same specs, except the original (model AS10D31) has 4400mAh and the new one (model AS10D41) has 6600mAh.

I need help because if I plug the new charger with the old battery everything runs smoothly, and if I plug the old charger and the new battery aswell. However if I plug the new charger and new battery the laptop does not recognise the charger!

Can you please help? I really want to fix this!

hang-the-9

Titan
Nothing you can do there yourself, try a real Acer charger made for your model. It may also be a battery issue if you bought a 3rd party cheap battery.

You said the old charger and new battery work fine, so just return the other charger and use your current charger with the new battery.

hang-the-9

Titan
Nothing you can do there yourself, try a real Acer charger made for your model. It may also be a battery issue if you bought a 3rd party cheap battery.

You said the old charger and new battery work fine, so just return the other charger and use your current charger with the new battery.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CptBaas Laptop Tech Support 0
Adnansattar Laptop Tech Support 6
AG95 Laptop Tech Support 5
maybeits_jack Laptop Tech Support 2
CL19 Laptop Tech Support 1
X Laptop Tech Support 5
Chronstell Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 1
slydoge Laptop Tech Support 2
H Laptop Tech Support 6
J Laptop Tech Support 1