I have an ASUS 200xca and the charger has the blue light on indicating it charging however the laptop has not charged and has consequently died. I have ordered s new charger however I have a feeling that the charger port has died how much will this cost to repair?
Do run some test first to identify if it's really the charging port that is faulty.
- Remove the battery of your laptop then boot it up with just the AC adapter and see if it will boot up or not.
- Next is to try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if that will power the laptop.
- Also test your AC adapter with a different laptop if it will work or not.
- There should always be a light on your laptop indicating if it's charging or not that should tell you if you have contact between the laptop and its AC adapter.
- Also you may just need to re-solder the charging port to the motherboard instead of replacing it.