Cheap and Reliable Smartphone?

jmsellars1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
Hey guys,

I post in the PC side of the forums quite a lot but I'm new over here.

My current phone is the HTC Sensation, I was having a lot of issues with it and was also getting some seriously bad service from O2 as well so after making a complaint to them, they gave me the HTC One X to replace it. It is meant to be a much better phone but I really don't like it. I think it is far too big and the battery life has only gotten worse. It also doesn't have a slot for an SD card and the USB slot is ridiculous, the cable falls out so easily. The screen looks incredible but that just doesn't make up for it for me.

I'm thinking of selling both phones and just get something cheap for the next year until my contract is over. I use my phone for calls/texts, music and e-mail mostly but would love to have 3G tethering too, it doesn't have to be wireless but that would be preferable. I don't need a massive, super high res screen or an awesome camera or a quad core CPU or any of that stuff, I just need something cheap and reliable with 3G tethering really.

I also don't need a touchscreen really, good battery life would be great as well.

Any suggestions?

P.S. It probably won't be suggested but I'll say it anyway. I'm a self confessed Apple hater so please don't suggest an iPhone :p

EDIT: Blackberry Curve 8900 perhaps? Those phones seem pretty reliable and it has everything I need. <£100 for a refurb as well. Ahh I just noticed it is 2G, I'm going to want 3G.

jmsellars1

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2010
For anyone that cares, I went with a Samsung Galaxy Ace. Picked one up for £115 and I much prefer it to the HTC One X. Way better battery life, much better size and somehow seems like it will be more reliable.

poojahansa

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
Hey all... try this smartphone new app available for blackberry, android and iphone.. VMS- Video Messanger... share your video messages all around the world with no charges... download app from http://www.vmsplay.com

You definetly found it interesting..