Solved! Cheap Phone with GOOD audio 3G

AudioBoy

Great
Sep 15, 2020
I have a clam shell with big button. I do not want to use my phone except as a phone, but want to leave my ipod at home so only have to carry one thing walking. COUld pay around £100 but want really good audio expandable to 128Gb if poss, and the audio software to be able to catalogue all my music. Do not care about the camera, or any other app.

AudioBoy

Great
Sep 15, 2020
Why only 3G, if I may ask? That limits your options significantly.
I hate phones and use a contract that is £3.99 per month. Were I to go to 4G that would involve me in more cost which I do not see the need for. My requirement is simply to be able to listen to my music collection from an SD card and have the phone with me, without carrying tow things.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
I hate phones and use a contract that is £3.99 per month. Were I to go to 4G that would involve me in more cost which I do not see the need for. My requirement is simply to be able to listen to my music collection from an SD card and have the phone with me, without carrying tow things.
4G phones are generally backward compatible with 3G networks and are more readily available. However, I see your point, and I assume the low price is tied to the lower data rates afforded by the old comms standard.

Thanks. Have you had experience with this phone?
from taking a look, it seems that the phone if not 3G

I doubt you will find a phone that is only 3G with the requirements you want with higher storage, as well as for being able to run good programs for music sorting. It's like looking for a steam powered car now. If you want a good device for handling large amount of files and with a screen to view and sort things you would need a modern phone.

AudioBoy

Great
Sep 15, 2020
4G phones are generally backward compatible with 3G networks and are more readily available. However, I see your point, and I assume the low price is tied to the lower data rates afforded by the old comms standard.
I see. I'm worried that if it does not have it in the technical specs though