Cheapest mxm-b laptop

AndrewBilotti

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
What is the cheapest laptop with a mxm-b laptop and a decent i7 (preferably one I can upgrade). I'm looking at under 400 dollars. Thanks ;) have a good day

JalYt_Justin

Prominent
Jun 12, 2017
$400 is low for any laptop, let alone one with mxm-b and an i7. Your best bet to find something like that is to do some serious long-term ebay/craigslist scrounging.

juanrdp

Honorable
Nov 7, 2012
The MxM laptops are veeery rare, and normally are expensive, also the MxM technology almost never worked and had a lot of problems that makes it very unreliable to upgrade a component. Even if you get a laptop you have posibilities that you could never upgrade it.

Stil, if you want it i seriouly doubt that you could find a proper i7 without MxM for less than 400$ not to talk to find one with MxM, probably you would need to triple the amount of money to find one.

With 400$ as limit the only options i see are to find one i7 one or to generations old (without a gamming Gpu ofc) or try to seek a second handed MxM one, but well for that price probably it will be deteriorated or have severe flaws.

jaguarskx

Champion
Gaming laptops with an MXM format GPU typically starts at $1,400.

A MXM format GPU alone generally will cost at least $400; I have seen MXM GTX 1080 8GB GPUs selling for as much as $1,500 alone.

Additionally, you are not going to find a Core i7 CPU in a new $400 or less laptop. You may be able to buy used laptop with a 3rd generation Core i7 CPU in that price range. If you are looking for the best laptop for less than $400, then you need to settle on the following Acer laptop with a Core i3-7100u and Intel HD 620 graphics core. AMD has nothing in the price range that can compete with the power of the Core i3-7100u and the performance of the Intel HD 620.

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-E5-575-33BM-15-6-Inch-Notebook-Generation/dp/B01K1IO3QW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1508166905&sr=8-2&keywords=i3-7100u

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Laptop General Discussion 1
tigershrimp Laptop General Discussion 3
T Laptop General Discussion 1
C Laptop General Discussion 4
testtube5 Laptop General Discussion 6
S Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 6
S Laptop General Discussion 3
C Laptop General Discussion 5
A Laptop General Discussion 8
M Laptop General Discussion 10