China Bans Trading Real Goods for Virtual Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]theholylancer[/nom]how does the slide shows relate to the article??[/citation]

The tags never seem to match.

Anyway is there anything the people of China CAN do? I mean you limit information, tell them how many kids they can have, so now you need to monitor virtual life as well. Someone have a small wang or what?

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
Meh, instead of Chinese Gold Miners we'll have Korean Gold Miners or Taiwanese Gold Miners. Funny how this virtual economy is an exact copy of our actual economy.

scook9

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
I can see why they don't like it, it pretty much formed a black market haha. Bye bye tax revenue.

I agree though, wtf is up with China lately.....do they WANT a revolution? No matter how big they make the government...it is still dwarfed by the massive population (most of which is lower income and therefore more likely to participate in a revolution due to desperation for change). Guess this will be interesting to follow in my lifetime.

hennnry

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Last time I checked, most Americans hate virtual gold farming, and some senators are actually going to tax gamers who trade virtual money (this is reported by NPR). But American are always just about talking, when China actually does something to help Americans, you guys think it's wrong?

Gee.. guess what, gold farming bleeds more than a few hundred million dollars a year from America as stupid teenagers pay big bucks to Chinese gold farms. I guess you guys don't think that's a problem.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Haha, I almost agree with the communists on this one. They hate the idea that virtual trading is growing and could actually become big enough to have an impact on the real financial system. Imagine if the next recession is caused by players leaving WoW in droves to play Starcraft2. How anoying would it be to explain to your grandma how the collapse of the WoW Gold Farming industry killed the real economy. Maybe our President could give them a bailout :)

chaohsiangchen

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]Anyway is there anything the people of China CAN do? I mean you limit information, tell them how many kids they can have, so now you need to monitor virtual life as well. Someone have a small wang or what?[/citation]

And you haven't met the kind of Chinese who think commies are doing just right to penetrate their anuses for their own good. Too bad, the kind of thinking that the government should force people from making stupid decision is so pervasive among Chinese speaking world. I see the same trend in the US, too. Personal freedom and personal responsibility are two sides of the same thing. People who are not willing to take the risk of managing their responsibility would also prefer themselves being enslaved.

Nevertheless, the commies really don't care about young people playing too much mumorpuger. They care about only two thing about online games:

1. Whether anti-commie information is carried out via the games, or,

2. Whether too much money is transferred unmonitored via online game.

Commies are dead serious about pegging RMB to USD in order to maintain unfair export advantage as a mean to destabilize US economy so that the US will be dislodged world superpower. That strategy has been working very well, even Soros recently went to China and tell people that's gonna happen. They can't risk the chance that RMB can be exchanged back to USD via uncontrolled, unmonitored virtual money exchange, thus devalues US dollar and raises RMB naturally.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
I love how a civilized discussion by a group of free, wealthy, well educated, non-commie quickly docents into rents of racial stereotypes and guilt by association. You truly are the real MASTER RACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.