Chrome on Android Update Allows Users to Bypass Mobile View

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I remember the old days where upon entering a website it'll ask you want the high or low bandwidth version. Low bandwidth just disables videos and certian plug-ins. I know the mobile version does the same thing. Just saying the idea isn't new.

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
Yet Tom's Hardware remains one of the sites that refuses to automatically load the desktop version on my phone no matter what. I run Dolphin HD and my user agent is desktop, yet Tom's insists on giving me the shitty mobile version with half the news articles missing! GET TO IT TOM'S! If you know mobile sites are atrocious, why do you force it on us?

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
Thank goodness the iPad loads desktop sites and it's lack of flsh support is actually not a bad thing...don't find myself missing it.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Another Dolphin HD user. Tried about half a dozen browsers (including those mentioned) for quite a while now, and I find it the best when rendering as a desktop user agent.

For those who want to talk about horrible mobile sites, try out Amazon for a bad experience or Newegg for a totally atrocious one. How can they think mobile users don't want full access to their inventory and reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.