Chrome Windows 7 64 bit... Page Unresponsive kill or wait buttons help

Iddilly

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016
Page unresponsive pop up message, for the past few days. I have tried system recovery, updated Windows 7 and Chrome updates automatically. Scanned for malware with my own antivirus esat and malwarebytes recommended by Chrome, used Google clean up tool. Cleared cache, cookies, etc. Unchecked Hardware acceleration in advanced settings. Checked extensions by turning them off and on. Un-installed chrome then reinstalled. System is Windows 7, 64 bit, intel i5 processor. Plenty of RAM/ Memory. Everything else working fine except chrome browser. IE working fine. Laptop is not running slow. Problem only with Chrome Browser webpages. I use Chromecast so getting rid of chrome I would lose that which I bought specifically. I am not very technical so detailed instructions would be most welcome when receiving replies. Really need help. I have Version 50.0.2661.87 Google Chrome is up to date.

I really would be ever so grateful for any help, tried Chrome forums and got little response except what I already tried and I had put that in my information so not sure why they recommending it again.

Iddilly

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

Thanks for answer Bill. I have not changed anything that I would normally so nothing should be running that was not running before this incident started.
Having said that,
I have opened it up and under applications I just have Outlook and Google Chrome open. Under processes and services there are lists. I have no idea what I am looking for or at, Here is details of performance. Processes 100. CPU 21%. Physical Memory 63%. I opened what I would have opened and running when problem happens. Any advice?

Iddilly

Commendable
Apr 27, 2016

I reset them twice but not after logging out of chrome. I did do it after a reinstall though whether that would make a difference or not. I will try, your suggestion. Update...... Just did this and it is still the same. I only have outlook open. Gmail and this page and it went page unresponsive on this page. cpu usage only 4% and physical memory 58%. It happened almost instantly on opening this page back up again.

Carlos 100

Commendable
Dec 4, 2016
The simplest and most effective solution is to uninstall Google Chrome 64 bit and install Google Chrome 32 bit. In virtue every instance, this will solve the freezing, unresponsiveness, and Kill Pages.