Chromecast not working

Mar 21, 2018
I cannot connect to my chromecast after the new android 8.0 update on my samsung galaxy s7 active. But the strange thing is when i try and connect to chromecast through YouTube it works but with smart view or the google home app it does not work. Does anyone have a solution?

paulchezter

Notable
Aug 11, 2018
Uninstall the Google Home app on your phone and install it again. Unplug chromecast to your device and plug it back. Then run the Google Home app to your phone and make sure that you follow the on screen prompt as it says you should be seeing a code. Then try to scan the available device using the icon found at the top right part in Google home app, and chromecast or the name designated on it should appear then connect.

paulchezter

Notable
Aug 11, 2018
Uninstall the Google Home app on your phone and install it again. Unplug chromecast to your device and plug it back. Then run the Google Home app to your phone and make sure that you follow the on screen prompt as it says you should be seeing a code. Then try to scan the available device using the icon found at the top right part in Google home app, and chromecast or the name designated on it should appear then connect.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ddk0014 Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 0
I Streaming Video & TVs 4
P Streaming Video & TVs 4
B Streaming Video & TVs 2
C Streaming Video & TVs 8
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
T Streaming Video & TVs 2
T Streaming Video & TVs 1
W Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 1