Chromecast with Google TV is great – but I prefer my Chromecast Ultra

Sep 15, 2022
You can still cast with the Google TV and as to your comment about simpler, you're daft! The remote with the Chromecast w/Google TV is one of the simplest remotes there are. Requiring use of your phone is an unnecessary complication.

Jan 17, 2023
To all the people saying you can still cast from your phone, no, you can’t in the same way you used to be able to. The remote was an unnecessary complication. I can find what I want to watch ten times faster on my phone than with some cumbersome stupid tv interface and remote. I deliberately never used smart tv function and always bought chrome casts because it is infinitely faster and more logical when you share a tv with other family members to just stream from your OWN phone with your own account and not have to switch or log in every time on the tv. I bought a new chrome cast for a room where we often have guests stay. The whole point was so that they could just stream their own apps onto it—Netflix, etc easily without having to log in. Also why do I want my YouTube account just always logged in on the tv I shared with others? It was more private before and also it was easier to avoid people accidentally using your accounts to watch stuff and messing up episode order etc. It was a far superior product before. Now they have just turned it into a smart tv, and smart tvs have always sucked. People aren’t daft for preferring a product the way it used to be. It means the new product isn’t serving their needs the way it used to. It is disappointing we can’t still get the old Chromecast.