Clean Windows 10 Installation Acer Nitro 5

Sep 23, 2018
Hello everyone. First i want to thank you for taking the time to read my post and for help you may offer.

I purchased a used Acer Nitro 5 (Windows 10, I5 8300H, 8GBs DDR4, 1TB HDD, a d 4GB 1050) and the fellow i purchased from didn't reset the laptop so while I was working I reset the laptop choosing to erase all files and start fresh. Well when I finished my shift i discovered it had become stuck on 41% during the feed so I powered off the laptop and turned it back on. When it started up i received a message stating the computer had been reset but we were unable to remove all the personal files; afterwards it walked me through the initial Windows 10 setup.

Well I figured I would just use it like that, but after doing some Windows updates it just feels a little sluggish and I just can't help feeling uncomfortable without the full reset. So I'm going to try again, but I'm wondering if it would be a better idea to just install a clean copy of Windows after formatting the drive.....but I don't know I'm going to.lose important Acer specific drivers of software i need for the Acer Nitro 5 to run properly?

Solution
I would go for the full reinstall if it were me. You don't know what the other person had on the device. Or even put on it before selling it to you. Sadly there are some real underhanded people out there. If you are worried about specific drivers, look up what is needed for that device and save the drivers to a CD/DVD/USB so you can install them after you are done, should they not install on their own.
I would go for the full reinstall if it were me. You don't know what the other person had on the device. Or even put on it before selling it to you. Sadly there are some real underhanded people out there. If you are worried about specific drivers, look up what is needed for that device and save the drivers to a CD/DVD/USB so you can install them after you are done, should they not install on their own.

Solution

USAFRet

Illustrious
"Used system" = a full wipe and reinstall. No question about it. You have no idea what the previous users had in there.

Full wipe and reinstall.

For the drivers...go find them now and save to a USB stick.
After the clean OS install, install the drivers.