Cleaning white smudges of Samsung TV Screen

Komp23

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014
Hi guys, I have the Samsung UE48H6200. Someone in my household went over the screen with a moist cloth I think. I wasn't home at the time but now my screen has these white smudges on the from where the person went over it with the cloth. Do you guys know any way to remove the smudges or are they permanent?

Solution
That is from the product wiping off the coating or staining the screen. Nothing much you can do unless you want to basically start removing more coating or replace the screen. You can try a magic eraser type thing, use it on a small area with a spot and see if it helps. It's abrasive but the scratches are tiny that it leaves behind and you won't be able to see them. I've used one on a high end LCD monitor that one of my kids drew on with marker and don't see any issues on the display after I did that.

Komp23

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014

Nope it's my television and it never gets turned on unless me or my gf is in the room. I already tried with screen cleaning products and the stains/smudges are still there albeit a little less now.

That is from the product wiping off the coating or staining the screen. Nothing much you can do unless you want to basically start removing more coating or replace the screen. You can try a magic eraser type thing, use it on a small area with a spot and see if it helps. It's abrasive but the scratches are tiny that it leaves behind and you won't be able to see them. I've used one on a high end LCD monitor that one of my kids drew on with marker and don't see any issues on the display after I did that.

Solution

Komp23

Estimable
Jul 10, 2014

I will try the eraser thing you said, staining of the screen would be weird, since you can clearly see the whipe directions and it would've had to happen overnight.