Clevo X7200 w/ GTX 480M SLI

Yup, you read that right. Clevo has come up with the first laptop to pack 2 GTX 480M's into a single package. It requires a staggering 300 watt power brick to keep it going. Check it out:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/3942/clevo-x7200-480m-sli-avadirect

Key Notes:
■Desktop i7 processors (930 through 980X)
■Up to dual 480Ms (can get 470s and 460s)
■Upgraded Aluminum chassis
■Up to 4 HDDs and 12gb of RAM
■17.3'' Full HD LED screen
■2x USB 3.0 ports
■Base Price of $2750

Thanks for the link :)
I wonder how much heat it will produce, 2 GTX 480Ms along with a desktop CPU will be quite hot and the battery life is definitely less than 1hr.
Can't wait for benchmarks though, it looks a killer device in terms of performance :D

reaversedge

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
as promised here it is. im still in the stage of tweaking some settings, i already installed 265.90 driver and my game load times are reduced by half, my fps average count was increased by 3 which is quite a lot.

here are the benchies (all of them are maxed settings) only in single 480m use, if i use sli there will be a significant boost.

Lost planet 2 (all details and aa maxed on 1080p) - scene 1 27fps, scene 2 29 fps, in sli they both go 34+fps/

Crysis (very high details in 2x aa 1080p) 28 fps average, in 4x aa drops to 26, some hiccups are seen in 4xaa but mininimal, in sli 4xaa is playable. minimal lag but not in gunfights/explosion/speed up/motion blur/. only when strolling about 1-2 seconds. not a big deal.

Metro 2033 (dx11, msaa, af16, very high, 1080) this is the most demanding game, only 18 fps count, in sli 25 fps. but lags a bit on smoke scenarios. either disable dx11 or msaa to be fully playable (i got 40+fps)

note that it this maybe crazy to believe fps, but i will just be clear, this is already a tweaked driver 265.90, the stock driver i tested with these games are a little bit lower and longer load times. and some minimal bugs are seen in some games i played so i updated my driver with a modded one. after that most of the glitches were fixed.

this laptop is amazingly powerful, it is also heavy. there's 5 usb ports. the exhaust air comes to the back of the laptop. the good thing about this one is it runs as silent as my mainstreaming laptop before, the heat, well i have 480m running in SLI i only hit 68deg C without a notebook cooler and with a 28deg C room temp. the cooling solution for sager is so good.

its been 2 weeks now and im so happy, later sager will release a power converter so that 2 psus could be connected in parallel, so that some other enthusiast could overvolt and push this baby some more to its limits provided with a good cooling solution and testing to a safe physical limit.