Clicking when squeezing plastic surrounding screen...

skoolz

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
I just received a Lenovo Z575, and I am overall impressed aside from the purple color (gun metal grey what?), but that's another story. However, I went to open my laptop and happened to grasp at a certain spot on the edge of the screen to open it, and noticed the plastic pushed in just a tiny, little bit making a very slight clicking feeling/sound. It was this that then made me start squeezing the plastic surrounding the screen (bezel) in the same spot. What resulted is in this video: http://youtu.be/xyjEaX675Us Please read the description of the video for further explanations. Just keep in mind that the bezel does not appear to be coming apart, loose, or anything. I only get the clicking in the video when squeezing in this particular manner.

I am a little OCD when it comes to new electronics, and I just wanted to get some opinions on this. Is this a typical occurrence with laptop LCD screens? Should I be worried that something is coming loose? I would rather not have to go through the hassle of a warranty already, especially if this is something that's just simply "no big deal" or something that's normal. Thank you for your time.

Solution
sound like a broken clip on the bezel. if you look on youtube on your model screen replacment. there is a larger latch assembly and some spacers on the top of the screen. you may be missing one of the spacers. myself i would just leave it alone till the unit needed some repair and then have it fixed if it bothers you.
sound like a broken clip on the bezel. if you look on youtube on your model screen replacment. there is a larger latch assembly and some spacers on the top of the screen. you may be missing one of the spacers. myself i would just leave it alone till the unit needed some repair and then have it fixed if it bothers you.

Solution

skoolz

Honorable
Aug 31, 2012
Thanks for the reply and suggestion! It doesn't feel like anything is broken. There's no rattle. I'm beginning to think it's just the way the plastic sits against the aluminum, but your theory does make sense. Is there anybody out there that would want to lightly squeeze their bezel to see if they have similar symptoms just to see if it's a normal thing?