Airek

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
1_What is your budget? $650 USD

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6"

3_What screen resolution do you want? Any

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable

5_How much battery life do you need? Any

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? Yes. HoN. Some TF2... nothing cutting edge, and don't mind setting being around medium.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? Basic internet use, some music, some movies...

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 320+

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. www.newegg.com

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as it'll last.

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD drive... recorder would be a bonus.

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. No preference.

13_What country do you live in? USA

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed. This is a shared Christmas gift for myself and my lady. All we have now is a desktop, so this is a sort of starter portable computer without being the bare minimum. As I stated before, I do some gaming, but nowadays it's nothing too serious.

Now, with 11 days until Christmas, I'd rather buy in person, but every where I've looked in store can't seem to compare to online deals. I've been researching for weeks now and I always seem to be lead back to this pick. Let me know what you guys think... if there's a better deal out there, if there's a spec I'm missing that's weak and should be looked out for.

ASUS K50 Series K50AB-X2A

Solution
It'll probably get the job done for medium setting graphics in a gaming environment with the dedicated graphics chip. But if you could find a bit better CPU, I'd spend the extra cash, as that would help you out a bit.