Clueless person needs help on gaming laptop

castrosir

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
I don't know that much about what is what with computers anymore. I have done some checking around and honestly after looking I still don't know what I should go for.

I need best gaming laptop I can get in the range of 600 to 800 dollars. Anything over that will be eating into my budget hard. I currently am laid off from my job until March. I don't have much maneuver room on this budget at all and need to spend very carefully.

I been thinking about this mostly due to my money situation. My worry is it will be out of date in no time. http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V5-572G-6679-15-6-inch-Laptop/dp/B00DKFFFXO/ref=psdc1_t1_B00AVYPP7S_B00DKFFFXO

Would I be better off with Ideapad Y510? Either going with 779 dollar one or the 879 one... Is the 100 extra dollars actually worth it? http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y510p/

Any other suggestions on something completely else would be great.

Only real requirement I have is I do need it to be 15.6 inch screen or larger due to my eye sight. Also I am not high earner so whatever I get would need to last about 2/3 years. What makes this kinda... Stressful heh.

Thanks!

Solution
Hey,

Have you considered getting a desktop? They are cheaper and you could get more performance for less $$$. Also you could easily swap out parts and upgrade in the future. Otherwise the Lenovo is an overall good option, but the graphics card is a bit weak. If portability is not crucial I would suggest you build your own desktop pc, its not very hard and the forums are here to help out :)

Hope this helps!

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
Hey,

Have you considered getting a desktop? They are cheaper and you could get more performance for less $$$. Also you could easily swap out parts and upgrade in the future. Otherwise the Lenovo is an overall good option, but the graphics card is a bit weak. If portability is not crucial I would suggest you build your own desktop pc, its not very hard and the forums are here to help out :)

Hope this helps!

Solution

kaswyn

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007