CNN Acquires CNN Twitter Account

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

re: indytim :
"For those of your who don't know what twitter is, take a look at this:http://current.com/items/89891774_ [...] itters.htmI can see it being useful only in certain cases, and only if it doesn't get to detailed. "Working on Anderson Document" or "Researching issue with new configuration file" would be useful in business situations."

There are a product for that already... They are called JIRA and Confluence. Both of which are great for work flow (100x better than Twitter). Twitter is just a fad.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Twitter is fucking lame. It provides no real value. I can't think of a single valid use for it. Its basically a history of Facebook status updates.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
[citation][nom]mightymax[/nom]Also see here:Twitter info[/citation]

I really hope that is a rick roll, or at least "I'm on a boat" or something else good.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
Geez. A lot of people here really seem to hate twitter.
Sure, twitter can be obnoxious if someone feels like being retarded and updates, but I find its really helpful to get messages out quickly to a bunch of friends (meeting times, places, etc).

Also good for getting quick headlines too.

g0rilla

Distinguished
May 15, 2007
Facebook is nice to keep in touch with old friends who I don't see that much. That's about it. Anyone who I talk to regularly, I don't really communicate with a lot on facebook. There's no need if I see them in person.

p05esto

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2001
Twitter is old news, very stupid technology if you ask me. Mainstream now has "Twitter" and it's only a matter of time til its death. Once the mainstream fad hits a technology only has a short amount of time left. I think the comments hare are more telling than anything. When the early adopters say a technology is stupid that's the nail in the coffin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS