Command Prompt Pops up on Windows 10 once a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 13, 2018
Heya, okay i'm having a strange issue that appears like once or twice every day on Windows 10. Sometimes, maybe 1 or twice a day, a Command Prompt Appears for less than a second or two, sometimes even shorter than that and just go away instantly, kinda strange in my opinion, i tried doing constant checks on windows defender as well as using Malwarebytes Premium, and I've found absolutely nothing. I was able to catch one or two words when the Command prompt comes up which was "Windows Shutdown.exe" That's the only thing i was able to make out. However, one thing i have noticed is that this will only happen when i'm playing games as well as pop up at random times, this will happen on every type of game. I try to take care of my computer as much as i can, trying to avoid any type of dodgy websites for example and i haven;t found any weird malware on my computer. I would give more information however i don't have my computer with me right now. Anyone got any advice or things to try? Thanks for the help!

Edit: Not too sure where my last post was but i can't seem to find it. If i'm just being a lil dumb then feel free to delete this one. Sorry!!

Solution
Hey,
Well, that is an annoying issue and as far as I know, quite a lot of users complain about similar issues. I also experience this but mostly after system startup, so in my case, it can be some system process starting up and using CMD prompt for some reason.
I have tried Windows Defender and the free version of Malwarebytes as well to try to find out what could cause this, but in the end, it seems it is a legit thing.

I have found this page though: https://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/cmd-keeps-popping-up-in-windows-10.html where you may find a solution to kill this window issue.

I would also urge you to check out your Windows Update window because it is also possible that an update got stuck or failed to install properly...
Apr 13, 2018
Hey,
Well, that is an annoying issue and as far as I know, quite a lot of users complain about similar issues. I also experience this but mostly after system startup, so in my case, it can be some system process starting up and using CMD prompt for some reason.
I have tried Windows Defender and the free version of Malwarebytes as well to try to find out what could cause this, but in the end, it seems it is a legit thing.

I have found this page though: https://www.easeus.com/computer-instruction/cmd-keeps-popping-up-in-windows-10.html where you may find a solution to kill this window issue.

I would also urge you to check out your Windows Update window because it is also possible that an update got stuck or failed to install properly and that is why you experience this CMD window popping up.

I hope this helps solve your issue. If I find anything else, I will add later.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.