commands prompt randomly opening and closing

Kropper

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
I've tried everything every old forum post could give for an answer to this and nothing seems to fix it. Commands prompt just pops up for a split second on an hourly interval, all it says is system32 and then it just closes. Annoying as shit since it alt-tabs you out of games. I remember when it first happened I did every malware and virus scan I could do and nothing found anything. I usually dont download fishy crap anyway so I wasnt expecting it to find anything in the first place. I tried the task scheduler trick with the MC office, but Ive literally never downloaded nor owned MC office. So I dont even have the folder to begin with, when I click the drop down I only have windows and xblgamesave. Lastly, I tried doing a clean boot. Wiped bloody everything from the ground up. I laughed when the first thing that happened within in hour of trying to re download everything back to my computer was the CMD prompt doing its ole pop up again. Pretty much given up all hope and just decided to deal with it the rest of my life. Gotten pretty good and speedy at alt tabbing back into a game. But was still wondering if ANYONE has ANY knowledge to a possible 4th fix that might work. Thanks for the read, and thanks for the answers.

Solution
check your install media devices for viruses as well
use malwarebytes

if you are quick enough, press "pause" while the popup comes up. Eventually you can read more then

CaptainCretin

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016
Make sure you delete all partitions, create new ones and FULLY reformat the entire HDD, as something could be hiding in the repair partition.

As helpstar, check the install media as well.

Ideally, use a fresh HDD and known good install media.

CaptainCretin

Commendable
Jul 18, 2016

Since he says he has already deleted and re-installed the OS, I think it is fair to assume this is something extra nasty; for his sake I hope it isnt something lodged in the BIOS chip.