commands wont work

nik.fokos

Great
Mar 20, 2018
\Autorun2.cmd is not recognized as an internal or external command. What should I do?
Is there any program that I should add on PATH?

Solution
Well that .cmd file has to be on the system, not sure why there is a \ there either. You need to check the path to that file. The path would be like C:\Folder\Folder\Autorun2.cmd If you have spaces or special character in the string you may need to use quotes to enclose it. From the error message, that is likely the issue, spaces or some other character that is not read properly.

nik.fokos

Great
Mar 20, 2018
When opening cmd normally:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.1.7601]
Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
'\Autorun2.cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:\Users\User>
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm trying to run many python programs that use cmd and they can't due to this '\Autorun2.cmd' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Well that .cmd file has to be on the system, not sure why there is a \ there either. You need to check the path to that file. The path would be like C:\Folder\Folder\Autorun2.cmd If you have spaces or special character in the string you may need to use quotes to enclose it. From the error message, that is likely the issue, spaces or some other character that is not read properly.

Solution
You should add path to Python' Bin folder to your environment settings. Right-click on "My Computer", Properties, Advanced System Properties, Advanced, Environment Variables. There, in bottom window, click on "PATH", and add to the end the folder where this Autoruin2.cmd is located in Python setup.

It is also possible that Python installation has created a Start menu entry doing just that.