Comments on Safeware insurance

Mark Dubow

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Has anyone had experience with Safeware Insurance coverage of iPhone -- reasonableness of price, thoroughness of coverage, timeliness and ease of claim filing, fairness of claim payment, etc.

Anonymous11_74

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Whatever you do, DO NOT purchase their laptop insurance. After a couple of years, my laptop started to give out, as they are prone to do with heavy use. I sent the machine in to Safeware, per my insurance policy, not ONE, not TWO, but THREE times, and they STILL were not able to fix the issue. Then, when they offered to reimburse me the cost of my unit, they denied me at the last minute because the computer was not in perfect shape-- even though they had seen it 3 times already at that point. This company clearly has NO customer service, and are a complete WASTE in repairing your computer. If you check the Better Business Bureau website, you can see the MANY complaints lodged against them. PLEASE don't make the same mistake I made-- Stay away from Safeware!

Anonymous11_74

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
Whatever you do, DO NOT purchase their insurance. After a couple of years, my laptop started to give out, as they are prone to do with heavy use. I sent the machine in to Safeware, per my insurance policy, not ONE, not TWO, but THREE times, and they STILL were not able to fix the issue. Then, when they offered to reimburse me the cost of my unit, they denied me at the last minute because the computer was not in perfect shape-- even though they had seen it 3 times already at that point. This company clearly has NO customer service, and are a complete WASTE in repairing your computer. PLEASE don't make the same mistake I made-- Stay away from Safeware!

maylamerton

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Gadget insurance get their lack of charm from the fact that it's a closed business. Just recently, Reuters Money had a post about it. The conclusion there is obvious: if you fancy cheap gadgets, forget insurance.

Personally I shop at Go Compare when I still had my original job because of all the hi-tech computing necessary for work.. But like the other link says, there are others things to worry about like health insurance.