Compaq Presario F750US Problem.

akarainer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
Hi.

I just bought a new compaq presario f750us notebook and at first everything seemed fine. I downloaded the drivers from the HP website. (OS = Vista)
However, i also have another laptop which is a older version of the presario series. Which has Tk-37M (I think) which is a single processor. With the lowest intergrated video card of NVIDIA.... which i think is 650 something. This laptop comes with 7000M, which is a little bit better than the older one. SOoo assuming this.. i would expect the laptop to run at least... 150% more faster than the old laptop..

So my real problem is basically.. FOR SOME REASON i don't know why the notebook is running slower... than my older one..

An example is.. When i'm playing a game called (diablo 2 lord of desctruction, which doesn't take much graphics and memory to support it) I can feel the lag when i'm moving the mouse around. In detail.. the mouse seems to drag along with my movement of the mouse. THEN, while i open up this mini map (which appears transparents OVER the main screen) it creates sooo much lag and my FPS drops sooo much... I can't bare to play with it like that. What i'm describing is from my new laptop. the F750US.

For my old laptop.. Surprisingly.. it can run fairly smooth in the main screen, and also fairly smooth when i open up the mini map. It's no where close to being as laggy as the new notebook.

I even set the settings for my video card the same as my old video card.. Battery on high performance, everything on high performance.. and 3g of rams. I also download "CPUID" which is a program that shows the processors speed and other specs of the computer. And everything seems to be running fine.. it's running at 1.9ghz (full power).

I have no clue what the problem is... Other than the video card.. Because on my old desktop.. I had this problem before where when i downloaded a .. "supposely" updated driver for the video card, and usually "updated" stuff means that it's better.. But it actually came with all these ATI radeon control panels and stuff that it ended up lagging my computer and making it run slow.. So... I hope someone knows some tips or hints to help me solve this problem.

Hope to see a respond soon :D!

VoidPhantom

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
I have a similar laptop like you do (Presario F756NR), and I also feel the lag when it comes to playing Warcraft III. From what I read about the 7000m, it is not meant to play many games, even the old ones.

I don't know if it is because it is a manufacturer's version or not.

But rather than worry about it, I've changed LOTS of settings (usual for me when it comes to windows) to see if it speeds up at all. I see some increase and now I consider it acceptable.

Some of the settings that I did:
-Go to Advanced system properties (Right click on Computer and properties to see it)
-Performance->Settings
-Uncheck all of it except for "Smooth edges of screen fonts" and "Use visual styles on windows and buttons"

This should help some of the problem.

Hope this helps.

Off topic: Currently I am undervolting it to use less electricity.

akarainer

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2008
i stated above that my laptop has 3GB of RAM >.>.

N thanks for the tip Voidphantom. i'll test and see if it helps.

Vtreyus

Honorable
May 9, 2012
If your running diablo 2 in windows 7 or windows vista, make sure u right click the Diablo II desktop icon and click the properties tab. "Run this program in compatibility mode For Windows 98/ Windows Me. Which i found it to run the best in, or windows xp helped too. Also try disable desktop composition