Completely wipe and reinstall galaxy S3 OS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webserfer2

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
My phones been having problems since I've bought it, one of the main problems being the wifi tether turns on but doesn't share.
Other problems are internet issues, delay in making calls occasionally, some things not loading ever (youtube and skype just to name 2 have never worked, just acted like the network is off).
I'm hoping a wipe and reinstall of the operating system might help but I have no idea where to start, eg where to find the new OS, what to reinstall it with.
Looking for any help I can get.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Just do a factory reset and see if it fixes it.

Turn the phone off but ensure it's plugged into a power source. Press and hold volume up + power until a menu appears on the screen. Use the volume keys to go up and down and the power button to make selections. Find the option for factory reset and confirm that's what you want to do.

If a factory reset doesn't work, you can try flashing the phone, but remember that this voids your warranty. If I were you I would try contacting your carrier for assistance/repairs if a factory reset doesn't work.

In order to help you do the flash, I need to know where you are located as there is different versions of the phone for different countries.

Webserfer2

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

I'm right in thinking a factory reset will wipe the phone? It will probably have to wait a bit then. I bought it 2nd hand so warranty isn't a problem. Also I'm in Australia. If the reset doesn't work where would I find the new OS? Cheers.

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
A factory reset will completely wipe the phone, yes. So make sure you back any important data up first.

This is a guide on how to flash the OS. It includes download links.

Remember that flashing can be a potentially hazardous activity and if you do anything wrong you could end up with a paper weight with a battery. Be extremely careful. I take no responsibility if you mess your phone up.

Status
Not open for further replies.