Computer changes window sometimes

hydre

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
When im on the internet or playing a game, anything in a window my computer changes windows automatically. Not like to something else thats open but just like there is no window selected, I always have to click in my window again to continue. This is pretty annoying during playing windowed games or when im typing so sorry if there are any grammar mistakes. Please help me :S

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
What version of windows are you using?

And i'm guessing you might be accidentally pressing the trackpad? The trackpad can do strange things - which is why i disable it when i use laptops. I usually use a mouse for that.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
As slhpss said.

It;s a little square or rectangular box that's usually smooth and is usually located right below the space bar. Tapping it can make your curser do the "select" move, such as left clicking.

hydre

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011
Ow that, no its definitely not that its like every 10 seconds that it happens. when it happens no window is selected its like everything is unselected and i have to click to make it normal again. Im sorry but i cant give any better explanation.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
Ok maybe if you can take a before - and after screen shot and upload it here...

What you do is press "prntscrn" on your keyboard then go to MS PAINT and paste it there, save it as a JPEG, now do it again after it screwed up and do the same thing (prnt screen and paste into ms paint).

Has this always happened, or did it just start happening recently?

AntiZig

Distinguished
I've had that problem on past machines I've used. It's a software issue or possibly even malware. I'd do several runs of your antivirus and malware bytes. check all your running processes and make sure you don't have any extra ones.

this is my speculation, but typically caused by programs that use http to perform background tasks

hydre

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

What scanner do you advise? I have malwarebytes already

hydre

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2011

i dont have an antivirus, wich one do you advise?