Computer crashing whenever I use the internet.

Jtwgeek

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I couldn't find any threads with my exact problem. Similar, but not exact, and none of the fixes in the other threads worked for me. So, back at the end of January my hard drive on my old computer died. I put my new SSD in that computer for a little while as I was not yet done buying parts for my new one. In February I bought the rest of my computer and put it together. I have an Asus Crosshair V Formula Z motherboard. A Corsair 1050 Watt PSU. An AMD FX 8350 Black edition CPU. A Radeon r7 370 MSI gaming graphics card. I'm using a 250 gb SSD for my OS, and a 1 TB HDD for everything else. My old computer and my new computer have suffered the same things. Whenever I use the internet, my computer likes to crash. Sometimes it does it in five minutes, sometimes it will go two days with no issues, but it only crashes when I'm using the internet. I can run high end games on Ultra graphics settings with zero issues. But when I stream video or play an MMO like World of Warcraft my machine usually goes down within an hour. The sound will go weird, a stuttering grinding noise, then the screen will lag hard before freezing. Sometimes the computer will crash to a blue screen, sometimes it wont and will just sit on the frozen screen. Either way I always end up having to do a hard restart from the case. I have tried different forms of internet. I bought a new wireless card. I bought a new USB adaptor, and I have also tried hard lining into both my router and my modem. None of those made a difference. I upgraded to new RAM from my old RAM. The only parts on my computer that are the same as my old one at this point is my keyboard, mouse speakers and DVD drive. I tried doing a complete drive wipe and a fresh install of windows as well. Wiped both the SSD and the backup HDD. And now the problem has gotten worse. In the last few days my computer takes multiple boot attempts to boot past bios and get into Windows. Been trying to solve this problem for months. Really hoping someone has at least a clue of something that can help me. Oh, I've also uninstalled every driver I possibly can, and reinstalled them to no avail. (Couldn't figure out what topic to put this under.)

This is the basic info set from DxDiag. Can provide more from it if needed.

Time of this report: 6/17/2016, 23:12:17
Machine name: DESKTOP-J061NB1
Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160422-1850)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: 2201
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16280MB RAM
Page File: 4181MB used, 14531MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

Solution
as 2 different computers have\had the same issue then not the computers' problem but to do with your modem or router if 2 separate units. try 1 of the computers at a friend's place to see if still have that issue or not. if a friend has a laptop then try it on your network & see if it crashes too.

ffg7

Splendid
as 2 different computers have\had the same issue then not the computers' problem but to do with your modem or router if 2 separate units. try 1 of the computers at a friend's place to see if still have that issue or not. if a friend has a laptop then try it on your network & see if it crashes too.

Solution