Computer even slower after formatting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastrocode

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
Every 6 months or so, when my laptop starts getting a bit filled up with files and applications and such that are unneeded, I like to back up my important stuff and restore it to factory settings. Today, I did just that. But for some weird reason, after it was complete, my laptop became about 10 times slower than it was before the format. Chrome will take 15-20 seconds to open, and games I could previously run at high fps on highest settings like CS:GO now struggle at 20-30. Why is this? I've updated my graphics cards drivers, and about a week ago I cleaned my fans from dust, so why is my PC so slow? I'm not that tech saavy, but I'm still pretty confused. I'd really appreciate any help anyone could give me. Thanks.

Solution
That's not called formatting. You are simply using the Restore partition to over-write the HDD with an image that was saved to the restore partition.

Give CCleaner a run and see how much crap it finds. Do the Clean and Registry portions both. You may have run it for more than one pass if the system is pretty loaded. https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER

Mastrocode

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014

Just like every time I format my laptop I install PC Decrapifier and get rid of all the bloatware, so I would assume that there isn't any left.

(For reference I have an Alienware M14X...starting to look like a mistake)

Mastrocode

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014

Oh okay. Thanks! I'll give CCleaner a run and see what it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.