Question Computer screen broken, and stuck in BIOS

Nov 14, 2021
My computer screen is broken, and I can only see a super small part of the screen. From looking at the screen, I found out I am stuck in Bios Mode. Please help me to leave BIOS mode. Ill do anything. I really need to use the computer. I pressed F10, and I still couldn't fix it.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
If you were actually in BIOS, you would have a full screen of text giving you system settings to choose from.
F10 won't fix a computer, it is a way to get a computer into BIOS. SOME USE DEL, or F2, F4, F12, or blah blah blah

You have given NO information of your computer at all. How about make/model/ type of computer, and a close-up pic of what you do see, as well as a pic of the computer
filling the frame, so I have some info to work from.

Last edited:

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
OK that was very helpful, thank you.
First, you are not really in BIOS mode, it just won't boot.
Couple that with the fact that your screen is trashed, and the reason the computer is beeping could be
when the screen got broke, so did the Backlights, which damaged the motherboard Power Supply. And before I go any further, I am forced to ask.......
Do you REALLY want to try to fix a computer that has a smashed screen, and an almost certainly **cked-up
motherboard......... do you REALLY want to tear it apart to purchase and replace replace the screen, which HAS to be done before you
try to find out if the motherboard is even worth repairing or replacing?
Smashed Screen+ possible damaged backlights + Dead MotherBoard = pull the hard drive for it's data, and get a new computer.

Dude, I can FIX ANYTHING! But all too often the question is, "Is it worth it?". In my opinion, Here the answer is a Big Fat NO!!!

Nov 14, 2021
OK that was very helpful, thank you.
First, you are not really in BIOS mode, it just won't boot.
Couple that with the fact that your screen is trashed, and the reason the computer is beeping could be
when the screen got broke, so did the Backlights, which damaged the motherboard Power Supply. And before I go any further, I am forced to ask.......
Do you REALLY want to try to fix a computer that has a smashed screen, and an almost certainly **cked-up
motherboard......... do you REALLY want to tear it apart to purchase and replace replace the screen, which HAS to be done before you
try to find out if the motherboard is even worth repairing or replacing?
Smashed Screen+ possible damaged backlights + Dead MotherBoard = pull the hard drive for it's data, and get a new computer.

Dude, I can FIX ANYTHING! But all too often the question is, "Is it worth it?". In my opinion, Here the answer is a Big Fat NO!!!

No no, here's what happened - I usually connect the computer to a monitor, one night, I was playing some video games, I tapped a random keyboard button and I tapped power off. Then when I woke up, it wouldn't connect to my monitor. So i was like "Hmm, whats going on?" Then I found out my laptop wont boot. I dont think the motherboard is broken, the reason why it made those sounds is because I tapped the wrong button to leave the booting thingy. Please if you could help me, Im 13 years old and I really enjoy video games and I pray this gets fixed.

BEAUFORD_SAVAGE

Respectable
Sep 6, 2020
OK, More information helps. But the deal is, if you can't use the main screen, and you can't connect a external screen, we have no way to REALLY know where to go.

Just out of curiosity, was the computer pretty warm when you woke up? One way or the other, you are going to have to tear this thing apart.
To do so, you will need to learn Proper ESD safety measures, or make the computer more damaged. And setting up a ESD safe area with proper grounding.
How much of the on board screen is readable? Are you getting any messages at all right now?
YEESH: should you get hurt trying to make a properly grounded area, I don't feel like being sued by your parents!!
Sorry dude, I am going on to help others.