Concerning batteries and battery life...

PCDesignerR

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
So I am looking into the idea of getting 10 usage hours or more out of a laptop's battery life. I was told that I won't get this out of a laptop's OEM battery and that got me thinking. If I wanted ten hours of usage out of a laptop, would I need to buy multiple batteries for the laptop and keep them all charged and then switch out as needed, or is there a laptop with mid to high end performance but that you can still get a good ten hours or more out of?

Solution
I know it is not a laptop solution but the simplest way for me to get a full days work on batteries has been to connect my 10" android tablet with a £60 keyboard/portable dock. And reduce the light setting of course to reduce battery consumption. It's both lightweight, has built-in 3G/4G capability atop of wifi and is very workable unless there is a very odd program you must have that only works on PC/MAC.

Update: If there MUST be a PC laptop, I would carry a car battery or similar with me, hardware hacked to the laptop. Or 4 x extra batteries. :)
What is "usage"? Writing 10hrs in a word document with no wifi with low backlight? Sure, lots of netbooks today are capable of doing that. Playing BF4 at 4k. Better get like 10 batteries. With a gaming capable laptop comes gaming capable hardware and that sucks juice. Lots of it.

Pallando

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
I know it is not a laptop solution but the simplest way for me to get a full days work on batteries has been to connect my 10" android tablet with a £60 keyboard/portable dock. And reduce the light setting of course to reduce battery consumption. It's both lightweight, has built-in 3G/4G capability atop of wifi and is very workable unless there is a very odd program you must have that only works on PC/MAC.

Update: If there MUST be a PC laptop, I would carry a car battery or similar with me, hardware hacked to the laptop. Or 4 x extra batteries. :)

Solution