[CONFUSED] Should i get a Laptop for gaming?

Solution
No No No and NO! Do not get a laptop if it's going to be used as your main pc. Only if you need it for the portability. For example you travel a lot of move with work a lot etc. if it is going to be used as a desktop, then get a desktop

why_wolf

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
laptops will always be lesser to desktops. especially if you are trying to be hardcore or stretching the lifetime out. When it comes down to it you are buying a laptop because you want something small and portable and willing to except the performance sacrifice that comes with that.

If this is just going to be sitting on your desk all day long, ever day than a desktop would be a better choice.

DustinV

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
No No No and NO! Do not get a laptop if it's going to be used as your main pc. Only if you need it for the portability. For example you travel a lot of move with work a lot etc. if it is going to be used as a desktop, then get a desktop

Solution

Sapphire R7

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016

Yeah it's gonna be my main PC for gaming (Regardless Laptop or Desktop)
and i would like to spend most time at home gaming for 7-8 hours.

Sapphire R7

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
The only reason i want laptop is
1) My current desktop monitor has a tick vertical yellow line at edge left which is a bit annoying while gaming
2) I want to change the place i game on serve times like today on living room tomorrow on my bedroom and so on
3) I don't like to be watched while gaming

Sapphire R7

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016

i have a desk on bedroom and barely someone enters it only if one of my family needed me in something
but the monitor is 1280 X 1024 its clear and rich colors
but the vertical line at the left edge is annoying on dark games, websites .etc

Epicness937

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015
for a gaming laptop for a good performing at 45+fps at medum to high settings at 1080p get a msi appalachia gaming laptop they are the only laptop that i would really highly recommend really for gaming dont get anything with a gpu weaker than a gtx 950m

Sapphire R7

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016

Well, The desktop has GPU which is massively better by 125% due to GD benchmarks
I think i got it
These laptop won't last long with hardcore gaming it will die from overheating
cheap plastic ain't?
well at least 3 years?

Epicness937

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

100% a desktop is better i mean i have a msi laptop for coding and such when on the go but really i just go for desktop all the way

Sapphire R7

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016

I don't see this laptop is suited for long-term and hardcore gaming, just for light gaming Minecraft LOL Dota 2 .etc for few hours, cheap plastic and non-removable battery and too thin like ultrabook (Which surely will produce insane heat as i saw some of reviews say its overheats real quick while gaming)
If i did game on it like desktop it would die within 1 year

Epicness937

Estimable
Feb 20, 2015

ok then its a good choce also DO NOT LOL MINECRAFT!!! it is very great and resource demanding and with shaders and mods my rig struggles to max at 50+fps

Sapphire R7

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016

I mean i'm gonna get desktop
cause laptop is for light gaming
and i don't like light gaming