confused whether to take windows or android

Brijesh Sundi

Estimable
May 14, 2014
i am confused whether i take android or windows phone which would be better i am a computer science student
i am hating andorid because when i know that the customers who buy andriod are the guest user not the real admin user

my budget is rs 30000

Solution
This comes down to personal preference, as either will do what a computer tech needs. Android has more apps, but I find that Windows Phone has what I need, so the difference in numbers is meaningless to me. Android has also improved greatly in recent versions, not being as unstable as it was in the past. On the other hand, Windows Phone is hands down the most stable phone OS available, and runs efficiently even on modest hardware. I also like that Windows Phone allows me to uninstall pretty much anything that the carriers bundle in and gives me complete control of the Home screen. I work with all of the phones on a daily basis, so am familiar with both their strengths and weaknesses. Any pretty much get the job done, so just...

LostAlone

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
Pick whichever you feel comfortable using. Go to the store and ask to play with a windows phone. Most places will happily demo one to you if you look like you'll buy. Play around, ignore the shiny stuff, just go through day to day stuff - type an email, try the browser, check that the apps you use every day are there on the store.

And from there, just buy what you like. You aren't buying in for ever, and honestly there isn't enough difference between modern phones OSes for one to just magically blow you away. If it's what you feel good using then get Windows or Blackberry or whatever else you like.

manuwarhussain

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
It depends on your likes. Both are great operating systems. But if I were you, then I would have gone for an Android phone. The Android OS supports the maximum number of apps and games. I was saying this because I don't like the Windows OS on the phone. It only looks great on a PC. But thats your choice to be made....

Andrew Murdoch

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
I have a lumia 1020 and there are things to like and things to dislike.

Tbh the biggest downside for me is the lack of support of 3rd party stuff as WP has less than 10% of market share, afaik.

itpro

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
This comes down to personal preference, as either will do what a computer tech needs. Android has more apps, but I find that Windows Phone has what I need, so the difference in numbers is meaningless to me. Android has also improved greatly in recent versions, not being as unstable as it was in the past. On the other hand, Windows Phone is hands down the most stable phone OS available, and runs efficiently even on modest hardware. I also like that Windows Phone allows me to uninstall pretty much anything that the carriers bundle in and gives me complete control of the Home screen. I work with all of the phones on a daily basis, so am familiar with both their strengths and weaknesses. Any pretty much get the job done, so just choose what feels right for you.

Solution