Connect tv sound

roberthumphrey179

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
I meant to say I have Sony surround home theatrewith coaxial in with cable thread and a Samsung 2011 tv. Model # Ln32 d450 g1 d with ports red, white, yellow can I make the sound through regular Tv

Solution
Your TV has toslink digital optical audio output.
A threaded coax connector will usually be for an antenna not audio.
If the HTS doesn't have optical in then you will need to convert it to be compatible.
If the HTS has an RCA jack (not threaded) labeled digital audio in then you would need to convert optical digital audio to coax digital audio,
If the HTS has an analog input (2 RCA jack or 1 mini jack) then you will need an optical to analog converter. If your TV can't be set to output in PCM stereo (check the manual or TV menu) then you will need one that's 5.1 compatible.

dudio

Admirable
What do you mean by "coaxial in with cable thread" for the receiver?
What model is the receiver?
It looks like your TV has an Digital Optical (Toslink) output as its best source,
otherwise there is a left/right mini jack out. If your receiver has a coaxial digital audio
input in, then you could pick up an optical to coaxial digital adapter LIKE THIS

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from roberthumphrey179 : "I have Sony surround sound , but just standard jacks on a Sony TV What can I do"

Your TV has toslink digital optical audio output.
A threaded coax connector will usually be for an antenna not audio.
If the HTS doesn't have optical in then you will need to convert it to be compatible.
If the HTS has an RCA jack (not threaded) labeled digital audio in then you would need to convert optical digital audio to coax digital audio,
If the HTS has an analog input (2 RCA jack or 1 mini jack) then you will need an optical to analog converter. If your TV can't be set to output in PCM stereo (check the manual or TV menu) then you will need one that's 5.1 compatible.

Solution