Connected to a projector, turned off laptop, now screen won't come back on.

Haleynicole

Estimable
Jun 3, 2015
I use a small TV as a monitor because I like having a larger screen, so I use a VGA cable to connect my laptop to the TV. Usually I leave it plugged in, so when I turn the laptop off I don't bother to disconnect the tv because normally when I turn it back on, it reconnects with no problems. A few days ago I shut off my laptop as usual, but then unplugged it later so I could use the screen for a different laptop. I plugged it into the tv again today and turned it on, expecting it to connect, and nothing happened. TV screen stayed blank, laptop screen stayed blank. My laptop requires a password for me to log in, so I'm not on the desktop screen upon startup, but I can't type my password in because I can't see the password box. I've tried fn+whichever button switches the display, I've tried windows key+p, I've tried control+p, I've tried taking the battery off and holding the power button, I've tried forced restarting, I've tried everything and nothing works. The laptop is a Toshiba Sattelite.