Connecticut Town Holds Drive to Collect, Destroy Videogames

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

usbgtx550

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
If violent video games are truly the cause to violent crimes, there would be much more shootings going on right now...

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
Go buy a used violent video game for $5.00, turn in, recieve $25.00 gift certificate. Good deal!! :D

What about violent movies or music? LOL, I have a new reason to buy violent video games. Someone please thank them for me.

Oh, also, just for the record, I am 35, I have been playing video games since I was a kid, and I have no police record, or emotional problems. Maybe these people should just try and be better parents, and if there kid is crazy, have them checked out instead of ignoring the problem, and blaming it on the media.

devBunny

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2012
[citation][nom]dns7950[/nom]If someone came to my house and asked me to turn in violent video games to destroy them, i would tell them to go f*** theselves.. If it was Jack Thompson, I'd also punch him in the face for being such a retarded, arrogant attention-seeking prick.. Seriously these self-righteous nutjobs drive me crazy, [/citation]

Presumably your violent fantasised reaction is due to your personality and not influenced by your video gaming? Good. Carry on.

FinneousPJ

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
[citation][nom]unoriginal1[/nom]That's a complete matter of opinion. God and the Bible in my opinion is about as morally correct as you get. Hence why I put in my original statement if your not a believer then use Morals.[/citation]
So do you stone women to death?

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
hang on something that every one seems to be missing , ok i can understand violent video game's and violent movies , but how the f--- is any music "violent". don't ever recall seeing music jump out of my speakers and start punching people , ahven't seen music run around and gun folks down . hell haven't even seen music thump some one on teh nose before for a good laugh.

i think a beter term would be "agressive" music sort of like progressive music scales is a form a form of music , i could agressive being used to describe music but so sick of hearing this "violent" music crap. music never hurt any one physically (unles you count the idiot that stood right infront of a PA speaker at a concert and got a busted ear drum). and i certainly avhen't every seen some one b---- slap some one else with a music sound wave .

violent music ... pfft most f--- a-- retarded phrase I ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.