Solved! Connecting active subwoofer to home theatre

Dec 22, 2018
I have a logitech z506 5.1 home theatre which i wish to connect to my subwoofer. My subwoofer was a car sub but i connected it with amp and 12v supply and so it works perfectly. I earlier connected them with aux splitter but recently i bought a sound card to get surround sound from my home theatre. How can i can I connect them both now ?
My tv has hdmi arc and spdif and also headphone jack

Solution
The Z506 is just speakers, it's not really a home theater system. Also they already have a sub, adding another one won't help you much, you may get some extra bass if your sub is better, but just adding more boominess won't make it sound better. You are also talking about a sound card then a TV, how is everything connected here? Are you connecting the speakers to the TV directly or are they on a computer? The sound card may have a sub output, you can use that to connect the sub to.
The Z506 is just speakers, it's not really a home theater system. Also they already have a sub, adding another one won't help you much, you may get some extra bass if your sub is better, but just adding more boominess won't make it sound better. You are also talking about a sound card then a TV, how is everything connected here? Are you connecting the speakers to the TV directly or are they on a computer? The sound card may have a sub output, you can use that to connect the sub to.

Solution
Dec 22, 2018

Yeah actually i have a soundcard with my z506 connected to my tv with spdif connection to get surround sound . And the subwoofer is a 12 inch jbl... I was thinking of adding a subwoofer but now i feel of just buying a bigger and better home theatre as a whole, thanks for the help !