Connecting game to element tv

Feb 7, 2018
I'm trying to hook a retro gaming system to my new 42" element tv. It only has a red and white connecters. I've tried every possible ways you can connect it and I can't get it to work. HELP

Solution
Without the model number of the TV I can't tell what connections you have.
If the TV doesn't have composite or component video inputs then you will need to buy an active AV to HDMI converter. A passive cable won't work.
Some TVs have a shared component (3 RCA jacks) composite (1 RCA jack) plus audio input. Check the owners manual.
The game should have a yellow composite video plus 1 or 2 audio outputs. If it has only mono audio you can just connect that to one of the TV audio inputs. If you want both speakers in the TV to play you will need to split the audio so you can connect it to both L and R inputs.
Feb 7, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from spazbaker77 : "Connecting game to element tv"

I'm trying to hook a retro gaming system to my new 42" element tv. It only has a red and white connecters. I've tried every possible ways you can connect it and I can't get it to work. HELP

Without the model number of the TV I can't tell what connections you have.
If the TV doesn't have composite or component video inputs then you will need to buy an active AV to HDMI converter. A passive cable won't work.
Some TVs have a shared component (3 RCA jacks) composite (1 RCA jack) plus audio input. Check the owners manual.
The game should have a yellow composite video plus 1 or 2 audio outputs. If it has only mono audio you can just connect that to one of the TV audio inputs. If you want both speakers in the TV to play you will need to split the audio so you can connect it to both L and R inputs.

Solution