Question Connecting Hitachi 46f500 tv to wireless internet?

jbubb

Great
May 5, 2022
I'm trying to use a firestick on a Hitachi rear projection tv. I cut the cord with Dish and would like to use with a firestick. I am using an HDMI to AV converter with a firestick plugged into it and have been able to connect to my range extender. I have signed on to my network and it shows connected with a strong signal but no internet. My small brain can't get past this last hurdle.

jbubb

Great
May 5, 2022
I have a smart TV in the same room and it connects OK . I'm feeding three TVs through my router (not at the same time), the problem is how to get the rear projection to show a picture with sound. I got the Firestick to work once by using a DVI to HDMI adapter/converter but did not get any sound.

It was suggested I get a HDMI to Analog adapter/converter which should allow the firestick to work and have both picture and sound. Evidently there is a setting I'm not seeing that would make it work. I hate to trash the TV when I know it works.

I have a smart TV in the same room and it connects OK . I'm feeding three TVs through my router (not at the same time), the problem is how to get the rear projection to show a picture with sound. I got the Firestick to work once by using a DVI to HDMI adapter/converter but did not get any sound.

It was suggested I get a HDMI to Analog adapter/converter which should allow the firestick to work and have both picture and sound. Evidently there is a setting I'm not seeing that would make it work. I hate to trash the TV when I know it works.

So is this an issue with network connection on the Firestick or you don't have sound or picture on the TV? DVI does not carry audio signal so yes an adapter like that won't work for sound. What adapter you want to use would depend on the available TV connections. But keep in mind that an old TV will not look great with modern HD signals and analog adapters on HDMI. Considering a good quality used 55" newer LCD TV is like $200 and sometimes less, you should look into replacing the old TV instead of buying adapters.

jbubb

Great
May 5, 2022
I've already got three flat screen TVs, I just hate to scrap an old TV that still works. I'm just trying to get it to work with a firestick, it works with cable. I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later, I'm like a dog that won't let go of a bone on most things. BTW, you sound like my wife. She also just got into my ear again about it when I read her your post. :oops:

I've already got three flat screen TVs, I just hate to scrap an old TV that still works. I'm just trying to get it to work with a firestick, it works with cable. I'm sure I'll figure it out sooner or later, I'm like a dog that won't let go of a bone on most things. BTW, you sound like my wife. She also just got into my ear again about it when I read her your post. :oops:

Even if you want that TV to work with the Firestick, the post is not clear what the issue is, is it you have no signal and audio to the TV or that the Firestick is not connecting to the network? You have two issues posted here.

jbubb

Great
May 5, 2022
I do have two posted issues and can't understand why they are still issues. After trying a DVI to HDMI converter, all I got was video. I then bought a HDMI/analog converter to provide sound along with video. For some reason, it won't allow me to connect to my range extender like my flat screen did. That's the best I can describe it.

jbubb

Great
May 5, 2022
Hey hang-the-9, I finally got the TV working. The bad news is I tried so many things I don't know which one or ones worked. Anyway it's working. Perseverance has always been my motto. Getting it working however didn't make the wife too happy.