Solved! Connecting LG 42LB73 to Bluetooth Headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2019
Hi! I would like an advice about my Smart Tv - LG 42LB73 and its cappability to connect to bluetooth headphones. I read countless topics about LG-s and BT Headphones and its quite confusing, to be honest. So LG have their own wireless connection (LG Sound Sync) and most likely i need BT Transmitter to connect to any headsets. Which transmitters would you recomend for this model TV and also which would allow multiple headsets . Dont wanna give 50-80 $ for nothing. Which lead to next question - would all BT Headphones be compatible with any transmitter. Or may be some recomendations, please. Way too many questions, but i just wanna watch films on my TV and dont bother anyone and it turned out to be so complicated :rolleyes::D

Solution
Did you have a look if your TV has the sound sync option at all and would be selectable?
You won´t need headphones to just see, if the option is there. I´m not sure for now if your TV even has bluetooth.

Bluetooth is usually backward compatible, but I don´t know if the 3.0 version will work with more than one headphone simultaneously, even if it would pair to a headphone of your choice.

A bluetooth transmitter should work for sure

If you don´t want to get LG headphones, you can get others and try if these would work with your TV. if these won´t work, get an additional transmitter.
Hi, in the manual it´s stated that the Standard Bluetooth Version 3.0 is available with this TV, but couldn´t find this information on the specifications site.
Can you follow this guide (only the TV part if you don´t have bluetooth headphones yet)
https://www.lg.com/us/support/connect-bluetooth-devices-guide
if sound sync is available or not

Be sure the TV´s firmware is up to date

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019
Yes, I've done this on the LG website, basicly they show me that i need their own headphones :oops: TV is updated, so u mean if i look for Bluetooth headphones directly i need 3.0 version? I just dont have headphones yet, because i saw i could waste my money. May be bluetooth transmitter is safest choise , but i guess must be sure about the Bluetooth version matching the headset?

Did you have a look if your TV has the sound sync option at all and would be selectable?
You won´t need headphones to just see, if the option is there. I´m not sure for now if your TV even has bluetooth.

Bluetooth is usually backward compatible, but I don´t know if the 3.0 version will work with more than one headphone simultaneously, even if it would pair to a headphone of your choice.

A bluetooth transmitter should work for sure

If you don´t want to get LG headphones, you can get others and try if these would work with your TV. if these won´t work, get an additional transmitter.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.