Connecting Logitech Speakers to a VEON TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

MynameisDan1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hi,

I've recently just bought myself a new desktop computer and I've got it hooked up to my TV as I don't have a proper monitor yet nor am I planning on getting one anytime soon as my TV is good enough for me. I've also recently bought myself a new set of Logitech Z506 Speakers (5.1 Surround Sound) and seeing as I have my desktop computer hooked up to my TV with an HDMI cable the sound comes through my TV but I'd like it to come through my speakers instead. The only problem I've got is I don't have a headphone jack or anything so I can't actually plug my speakers in and need some sort of adapter but I have no clue what sort of adapter I'd need.

I've found a picture online of what the back of my TV looks like except it's a little different so I'll explain what I've got. Take a look at this first: http://www.geekzone.co.nz/imagessubs/blog6aa3833e4e30933a0e301095723efb2b.jpg

So the above picture is basically exactly what my TV looks like minus like 2 inputs. On my TV I've the standard inputs that most TVs have which is for the Red, White and Yellow cables which are already being used by a little TV box I've got for watching Freeview (I live in New Zealand, its our form of Digital TV), a Coax input, an HDMI input and a USB input. On the bottom of the TV I've got exactly what is shown in the picture.

Here is a picture of the cables which need to be plugged in (I'm not sure if all of them need to be plugged in or just the green one for sound) http://article.techlabs.ua/img/article/29817/Logitech_Z506_cables.jpg

If you're able to help me out and tell me what sort of adapter I need to plug my speakers in that'd be great.

Thanks heaps!

Solution
does your motherboard have onboard sound? (speaker connections on the motherboard). you should (most do) if not then you could get a usb external soundcard. or perhaps your motherboard supports spdif optical or spdif coax (you can goodle what those ports look like)

simply put you cannot connect the speakers to your tv. at least not with what i can see. you also dont list any outputs...

edit: at most it looks like you might have some sort of headphone jack. but that would give stereo only. you would need spdif optical or coax out of your tv... however you could get that from your pc instead too. you'd have to list one of these ports for surround sound to be possible from your tv

MynameisDan1

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014

My PC doesn't have a sound card because of the size of my graphics card it won't fit, hence I need to have the speakers plugged into my TV instead. Thanks for the reply though.

does your motherboard have onboard sound? (speaker connections on the motherboard). you should (most do) if not then you could get a usb external soundcard. or perhaps your motherboard supports spdif optical or spdif coax (you can goodle what those ports look like)

simply put you cannot connect the speakers to your tv. at least not with what i can see. you also dont list any outputs...

edit: at most it looks like you might have some sort of headphone jack. but that would give stereo only. you would need spdif optical or coax out of your tv... however you could get that from your pc instead too. you'd have to list one of these ports for surround sound to be possible from your tv

Solution

RayRob

Estimable
Mar 6, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.