Solved! Connecting Other Devices to TV with sound from Stereo System

anshik.thechamp

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
I have a Sony Bravia LCD TV and a Sony HI-FI stereo system. The thing is my TV's HDMI ports do not work anymore and to connect HDMI devices, I connected a VGA cable to the TV and used a HDMI to VGA Adapter and further used a HDMI switch to connect my three HDMI based devices. My Set-top-box is connected to the hi-fi system and when the Hi-fi system turns on, so does the box and its connected via AV since the hifi doesn't have a HDMI port. I want to get sound of whatever i connect on the hdmi switch through the hi-fi system. My Tv has a digital audio out port and so does the hifi system, if i just get a cable, would that do it? Because the vga to hdmi adapter has an aux port and i used an RCA but it didn't work. I can disconnect the set top box from the hifi system and connect it to the tv but i want that sound should come for anything i connect on the hdmi switch. Will a digital output cable work? Or is there some other workaround?

Paul NZ

Admirable
If it's similar to the 32EX400 which I've got here, it's got an optical output on it too. And the stereo which is also a Sony has an optical input.

If I connect an optical cable from the TV to the stereo, I can select the stereo as output by selecting the option from the sound menu on the TV.

It turns the audio off from the TV and goes through to the 5:1 speakers that are connected to the stereo

anshik.thechamp

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017

My Tv is similar to the 32EX400. I tried this. Turning the audio off from the tv speakers and having them play through the sound system. The thing is, as i mentioned in the post, that my set top box is connected to the system and my system has a 7inch LCD display on it, so when i switch on the system, it is only then that I'm able to view the content of the box on my tv and the audio comes via the speakers, even if you disable sound via external speakers. If i have to connect my xbox via Component, i remove the component wires of the stereo system on my tv and then connect the xbox's wires. So i only get sound via the tv on the xbox or the usb. I want a workaround wherein whatever i view on my tv, the sound comes through the stereo system, so if i connect the digital output cable to the tv and the stereo, it will work right?

My sound system is this - https://www.google.co.in/search?q=hcd-gzr999da&client=ms-unknown&prmd=mivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwieu_rIqZPXAhUHwI8KHWkUAOkQ_AUIEygC&biw=360&bih=560#imgrc=4M2c0OBnIqu_0M: