Connecting receiver to another receiver

KJPKELLY

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2011
I have recently purchased a Denon AVR-590 AV receiver which has no Phono input. Rather than buying a separate phono preamp, I considered connecting my old Yahama RX-V670 Receiver to the new Denon by removing the preamp/amp couplings at the back of the Yahama and connecting the preamp out side to a pair of input jacks (say sat/cable, as I am making no other connection to those inputs) on the Denon. Assuming that I maintain a constant low volume at the Yahama, and control the phono volume with the Denon, am I asking for any problems using this approach?
Thank You,
Kevin Kelly

jacobboe89

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
i would think this may be worth a try , but exercise caution at first and i would stop if there is any type of noise or distortion coming from either of the receivers . also be advised connecting 2 receivers for any reason , doesn't always work out . i have connected 2 receivers to a common source to basically add another stereo to my existing system to have a larger system , this has worked about half the time , the time it didn't work i got a distortion or noise , my wife couldn't pick up on the noise , but i could hear it . it might be to simplify things you just look for a high quality phono stage on ebay or if you have a better budget than that you could look elsewhere .