Solved! Connecting soundbar to TV with no audio out

Jun 13, 2019
I have an LG 49LJ5100 that only has 2 HDMI in, and component in. No audio out. I would like to connect a sound bar, or get audio out to an AV receiver. Is there a way to do this, such as with a Roku device, an HDMI switch, or some other method? There must be a way. Thanks!

Solution
You can get the audio from external sources by using an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. That will give you a digital and analog output.
The only way to get audio from the TV itself would be to disconnect the speaker wires from the internal TV speakers and connect them to a speaker to line level converter. That will give you a variable analog audio output that can connect to any aux input. Won't be as good as a digital audio output but it's the best you can do.
You can get the audio from external sources by using an HDMI input selector with audio extraction. That will give you a digital and analog output.
The only way to get audio from the TV itself would be to disconnect the speaker wires from the internal TV speakers and connect them to a speaker to line level converter. That will give you a variable analog audio output that can connect to any aux input. Won't be as good as a digital audio output but it's the best you can do.

Solution
Jun 13, 2019
Thanks for your contribution. I am currently using a Roku stick in one of the two HDMI inputs. How would I incorporate your suggested setup with this Roku device?

Jun 13, 2019