Solved! Considering a portable laptop

I am considering a new laptop for next year. I already have one or two in mind, but just wanna hear other people’s opinions.

1. What is your budget?
Definitely below $2,000. Let’s say $1,200 - $1,800 for a decent spread.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
14” screen. 13” is too small for my tastes and 15” will make it too heavy for me to consider. It must have an anti-glare coating. I do not like glossy screens.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
Whatever is standard for 14” screen or 1600 x 900

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Portable. Preferably under 5lbs.

5. How much battery life do you need?
I would like a decent amount of battery life so… approximately 4-5 hours.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Sure, why not? Fallout: NV, Mass Effect 2, King’s Bounty: Armored Princess, Crysis 2, X3: Terran Conflict, Dragon Age 2. I can live with medium settings on a laptop. I have a desktop for real gaming.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Video encoding using H.264 in a pinch, if necessary. It must be powerful enough to surf the web and I must be able to use the calculator that’s included with Windows or Excel ‘cause sometimes I forget what 1 + 0 equals. :)

I can live with a dual core CPU.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
Not too much. 250GB should be fine for a typical laptop HDD. If I decide to go with a SSD then say 128GB or so to bring the cost down.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.
Just wanna avoid sites like e-bay.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
I wanna use it ‘til the day I die. :)

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
At least a DVD burner.

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
I’ll give a very generic answer… I want a brand that is known for high quality, reliability and durability. That should narrow down the selection a bit. It would be interesting to see what suggestions people have that would fit these criteria.

13. What country do you live in?
US

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Looking to buy during the 1st quarter of next year so there’s no need to tell me about current deals ‘cause I will not be jumping on them unless there’s something that fits my criteria for $500 or less.

Solution
For some reasons the newegg link doesn't open for me,but judging from the specs,its a great choice.
XPS 14 is also good but GT 420M is about 10-20% slower than GT 335M.
Hmmmm..... Maybe....

While it is certainly within my budget and it has HD 5650, the issues I have with it are:

1. Over my 5lbs. limit since it is listed at 5.57lbs.
2. Glossy Screen ... I really hate glossy screens.

I suppose if it actually had a 14" instead of a 14.5" screen it would be lighter.

I still got plenty of time to look. I suppose I can lower my gaming requirements to a mix of low and medium settings if need be.

Check out the Asus K42jv. I posted a link to newegg, but for some reason it isn't coming up so either google it or do a search for it on Newegg.

i5-540M
4gb DDR3
GT 335M
4.8 lbs

My other recommendation was going to be the new Dell XPS 14, but it's over your 5 lbs mark at 5.35 lbs with the 6-cell battery.

You can, apparently, also configure the 14'' model with the GT 425M which is more comparable to the GT 335M. I think it requires you to get the i7 quad though...

Okay. Thanks for the suggestions. they definitely give me something to think about.

The laptops that are on my current list are:

#1. IBM... I mean Lenovo ThinkPad T410s w/ nVidia NVS 3100M
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=996BA0BF589A40D489F5FC222AA15BDE&action=init

#2. Lenovo ThinkPad T410 w/ nVidia NVS 3100M
http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:category.details?current-catalog-id=12F0696583E04D86B9B79B0FEC01C087&current-category-id=24ABE3A59126498186434450AAAFE461&action=init

#3. Dell Latitude E6410 w/ nVidia NVS 3100M
http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/latitude-e6410/pd

All three fills the majority of my requirements like high quality, reliability and durability. What's lacking is obviously the graphics chip. While the ThinkPad T410s is the most expensive @ $1,700 it is also my 1st choice at the moment.