Consumer Right Information

Karamveer_1

Commendable
Mar 31, 2016
http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/product-support/servicetag/8YVLZ52/warranty?ref=captchasuccess
I purchased a laptop of dell vostro 3558 on 1 april 2016 from a local store in Kashipur [Uttarakhand] {INDIA}. Instead of giving a invoice , the shopkeeper gave me a bill i which he has written that laptop was purchased on 1 april 2016 but when i checked on dell website for registration then it's showing that Ship date of my laptop is 28 September 2015 and just 266 days were left for warranty period. Is this a case of Fraud? what's happening? I gave dell website information below

http://www.dell.com/support/home/in/en/indhs1/product-support/servicetag/8YVLZ52/warranty?ref=captchasuccess

Solution
It would seem the vendor has sold you a unit that was either already registered to another user or the vendor, hence the warranty period has already been counting down, or the information on the Dell website is incorrect. I would contact Dell customer service and specifically relate the details of your situation to them. If your serial number on that unit has not been previously registered then it may still have the full warranty.

If it does not, then I'd try to straighten this out through the vendor that sold it to you. Sounds like you've been resold a used unit as if it were a new one, but of course I don't know the specifics of your purchase so it's hard to say.
It would seem the vendor has sold you a unit that was either already registered to another user or the vendor, hence the warranty period has already been counting down, or the information on the Dell website is incorrect. I would contact Dell customer service and specifically relate the details of your situation to them. If your serial number on that unit has not been previously registered then it may still have the full warranty.

If it does not, then I'd try to straighten this out through the vendor that sold it to you. Sounds like you've been resold a used unit as if it were a new one, but of course I don't know the specifics of your purchase so it's hard to say.

Solution