Consumer Tech Spending to Pass $1 Trillion This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.

frederik23

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
CES is pretty worthless in my opinion. I wonder how many people would actually go to this thing if it were held in Fresno or Akron. It's all about Vegas and pretending to care about electronics. Very few of the products announced actually mean anything to anybody and hardly ever succeed. Besides, they are not worth the cash advances taken by people to afford them. Here is a great keynote address from last year's CES by Khan Manka, Jr. in which he basically slams the conference and the people who attend it.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]It is actually not that much or is the military spending on electronics not included ?[/citation]
Last I checked military spending was not considered consumer spending.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]frederik23[/nom]CES is pretty worthless in my opinion. I wonder how many people would actually go to this thing if it were held in Fresno or Akron. It's all about Vegas and pretending to care about electronics. Very few of the products announced actually mean anything to anybody and hardly ever succeed. Besides, they are not worth the cash advances taken by people to afford them. Here is a great keynote address from last year's CES by Khan Manka, Jr. in which he basically slams the conference and the people who attend it.[/citation]
All due respect, but who the hell is Khan Manka?
Yes I have looked but so far all I can tell is that he is a fake person, cretaed by John Perry and Chris Stengel to draw attention to a non-existant company.
So someone who doesn't exist has a pop at real people who buy real things from real companies.
You just lost the poular vote, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.