Consumers Won't Pay Xbox One Second Account Installation Fee, Shops Will

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

genz

Honorable
Oct 8, 2012
I prefer this system for two reasons. If you look at the wording closely, the retailers are saying you CAN use it on as many systems as you want, it's just that they will all be disallowed from playing the installed copy once you trade it in.

tristangl

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
WHY CANT WE SEE ALL THE GODDAMN COMMENTS SINCE YOU UPDATED YOUR COMMENT SECTION
Really this is pissing me off... i see random comments, cant find mine, dont know if somone answered it
This is really retarded... FIX IT

capt_taco

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
Consumers won't pay the fee, retailers will ... by passing the cost on to the consumer. Nice failed attempt at spin there.
I was already fed up enough with Microsoft's rules and fees that I wasn't going to buy the next-gen Xbox. This is just piling on. Talk about shooting yourself in the head.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Here's an idea. Create free gmail accounts with the serial of the game concatenated to to the game name for every game you buy. Resellability includes a face-to-face whereby you allow them to change the password.

hiryu

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
@computerguy72
I think many of this stuff is not entirely untrue or inaccurate. I just feel that it is the MS to test the consumers' reaction before implementing change of practice.

hiryu

Distinguished
May 4, 2009
@computerguy72
I think many of this stuff is not entirely untrue or inaccurate. I just feel that it is the MS to test the consumers' reaction before implementing change of practice.

pezonator

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
Quite a laugh really but come one, all this is speculation until the Microsoft say something concrete. We are all assuming the concrete will come out their mouth into a bucket and they will drop it on their foot. I can't believe Microsoft are are letting themselves get so much bad press!

kewlmunky

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
So glad I'm not getting the next generation. There was a huge battle about the used game market with developers saying games cost so much because they lose money when people buy games used. Now microsoft takes a cut of used games. It's about as stupid as paying sales tax when purchasing a used vehicle from a personal seller.

mman74

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2006
You buy a CD, you lend it to a friend, do they have to pay?
You buy a DVD you watch it and give to your friend, do they have to pay?
You buy a CD, you listen it to your HiFi in your living room, then you take it and play it on your HiFi in your bedroom, you certainly don't expect to pay again!
I have both current gen systems. The one that pulls this crap on the consumers won't get my money. I strongly urge all other gamers to do the same.

wmalinowski

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
Nice going Microsoft.....
By the way microsoft, How are your ever determine who sold a used game in the first place?
Back to my PC and Wii U.....

wmalinowski

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
By the way microsoft, How are your ever determine who sold a used game in the first place?

wmalinowski

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006

rayden54

Honorable
May 14, 2013
Define "retailers." What if I want to sell my used game on eBay or a local pawn shop? For that matter what if I want to sell it to a college buddy?
What about 10 years from now when Microsoft stops supporting the darn thing? I've still got my old Nintendo. I can go down to the Pawn shop right now and buy a "new" game for it.
What about RENTALS? Is this supposed to kill them too? Half the games out there make me sick after just a few minutes (literally-- I get motion sickness). I'm not paying $50 for a game until I've tried it first.
If there goal is to shoot themselves in the foot, I think they're gonna do it. What I really don't get is how this is even LEGAL. It seems like a direct violation of the First Sale doctrine to me.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
So I buy a game. A friend of mine buys another. We meet, exchange the disks.
WHO WILL PAY FOR US, SO THAT WE CAN PLAY dear Mr Whoevercamewiththisshamelessexcuse?!!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.