Consumers Won't Pay Xbox One Second Account Installation Fee, Shops Will

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
I have read just about enough of the XBox One new to have firmly made up my mind.
I (nor anyone in my household) will be purchasing an XBox One. I will wait for more detailed on the PS4 and if it sounds appealing I will be throwing my dollars Sonys direction, otherwise they can both suck it.

catfishtx

Honorable
May 15, 2012
This is absolutely wrong! Ford did not get a cut when I bought my Fusion used, why should game developers? That's why new things cost more than used. No wonder EA is stroking MS like it is. It wants a cut of all those used games being bought and sold. I am not one to promote boycotts and the like, so just vote with your wallets people. Although I got to admit, I never thought I would see Sony as the savior of console gaming.

SirGCal

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
I agree with hfitch... I won't be buying one either. If I do, the PS4 looks to be the winner this time of the two.. The One doesn't really have anything of interest over the old accept new Kinect features which I never could make much use of cause I am in a wheelchair... Thanks M$... Sorry, but your name has, and always will be synonymous with greed...

gggplaya

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
What about private party used games sales?? Will that even be possible with this system???
Like say i buy a game at $60 and get bored of it. Gamestop offers me $20, but i find someone on craigslist willing to drive and pay $35 for it??? Is that even possible or do i have to sell it for a lowly $20 so i take a huge loss and microsoft can get their cut from gamestop when they sell it?

t-roy

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Question, if I purchase and install a game under my account on the "Xbox One" do my kids have to purchase another license to play under their account on the same console?

t-roy

Honorable
May 28, 2013
Question, if I purchase and install a game under my account on the "Xbox One" do my kids have to purchase another license to play under their account on the same console?

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Hahaha.. only an imbecile would buy this, with the restrictions on virtually everything! I guess next Xbox update they will charge for every button press and every blink, breath, fart you take during gaming.
Bunch of greedy bastards!

pliskin1

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
If they're going to gimp the used market like this, then lower the cost of new games. If you want to be more like PC you can start with the price model.

Status
Not open for further replies.