continuous wavy red line in word 2013

tarunix

Commendable
Sep 13, 2016
hello... lately, while i am busy writing a document, entire paragraphs or even pages get covered with a continuous wavy red line, like the one for spelling mistakes, but continuous, even under empty spaces ....nothing seems to work either than rebooting.... i only have check spelling and frequently confused words ticked in my proofing options.... any help would be appreciated because online i can only find info about the line under the misspelled word... thank youuuu

Solution
Does that happen in only new documents or older documents?

Any pattern to when the problem starts again after the reboot?

Turn on the control codes (i.e., paragraph marks, tabs, etc.) - maybe that will reveal some issue.

Make copies of a couple of the affected documents (old and new) and see if the problem occurs on another computer using Word 2013. Or even another version for that matter.

Suggest you save all of your documents and try reinstalling Word 2013 - may be some corruption with respect to the software or the dictionary.

Does that happen in only new documents or older documents?

Any pattern to when the problem starts again after the reboot?

Turn on the control codes (i.e., paragraph marks, tabs, etc.) - maybe that will reveal some issue.

Make copies of a couple of the affected documents (old and new) and see if the problem occurs on another computer using Word 2013. Or even another version for that matter.

Suggest you save all of your documents and try reinstalling Word 2013 - may be some corruption with respect to the software or the dictionary.

Solution