Contractor Leaks Obama's Chopper Plans to Iran

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
The half-century old design of the Sea King is hardly a "secret". Maybe the avionics would be more up to date, or at least the paint job.
With higher probability it's just a intoxication operation to frame Iran in public perception. Remember Irak WMD's anyone?
Preparing obomba for the "bomb bomb bomb, bomb Iran" trek...

ImmortalJman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
I agree. I smell a rat. The plans should not have even been on that computer. It had to have been transferred manually there onto to an unclassified net. There is no way to share anything like that on a P2P net when it's classified.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Can someone explain why this is critical? Everyone by now should know how a helicopter works and there's plenty of shows on tv showing that a helicopter will spin out of control if the prop in the rear ceases to function. Helicopters seem somewhat unsafe, Colin McRae and his son died in one a couple years ago, there were two news helicopters that collided, and of course there's that one they show on TV that crashed while carrying an air conditioner to the roof of a building. Plans on those helicopters were not "leaked" and tampering was not involved. I am missing something here, news articles tend to leave out the fine details. I've read 2 or 3 articles about this matter and it doesn't explain why it matters that these plans were leaked.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Can someone explain why this is critical? Everyone by now should know how a helicopter works and there's plenty of shows on tv showing that a helicopter will spin out of control if the prop in the rear ceases to function. Helicopters seem somewhat unsafe, Colin McRae and his son died in one a couple years ago, there were two news helicopters that collided, and of course there's that one they show on TV that crashed while carrying an air conditioner to the roof of a building. Plans on those helicopters were not "leaked" and tampering was not involved. I am missing something here, news articles tend to leave out the fine details. I've read 2 or 3 articles about this matter and it doesn't explain why it matters that these plans were leaked.[/citation]
You're missing the point. The point isn't that the plans were leaked, but the fact that something marked with goverment secrecy was leaked. It doesn't matter if it's the plans for a new presidential chair or the tracking system for an atomic submarine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS