Control Your Android Phone Via PC With AirDroid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cormag

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
Nice find! I am definitely gonna try this at home tonight. If nothing else I really like the ability to move music and shows to my phone without using the usb cable. One less cable on my desk would be nice.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Wonderful, but I am concerned about my privacy being undermined by Carrier IQ issues. How? Well, how do we know that your desktop navigation is not being logged by CIQ in your Android device? Really disappointed with this CIQ thing. But this application sounds great.

shadamus

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
As an alternative, I've been using "Remote Web Desktop" (https://market.android.com/details?id=net.xdevelop.rm&feature=related_apps) on my Android for about a year. It's been very convenient for me to manage my music files on my phone, and keep up on texts from my desktop computer, rather than pulling out my phone all the time.

Remote Web Desktop works OTA via the phones internet connection, so you're not limited to using this functionality when you've got your phone connected to a wifi network. I access my phone (not on WiFi) from my desktop (wired broad-band) at work with no issues.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]lamorpa[/nom]So when I leave my phone sitting on my desk and I'm walking around with my desktop system, I can control the phone?[/citation]

yes control the small mobile device with a big cluncky one :) I'm not dissing the app i will use it i just find the walking around with the desktop funny.

in_the_loop

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2007
Nothing exciting or new here.

I wonder if it is possible to connect to a laptop without a router.

I feel that wireless access is most usefull when you have your laptop and your android phone and quckly want to access files or copy files between either device.

Often I don't have a micro-usb to usb cable with me all the time.
And it is more of a hazzle to fiddle with cables on for example a train when you just want to do a quick fix.

Shouldn't it be possible since you can set up the phone as a wifi hotspot?

sam buddy

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
This is not new. Eg. Nokia's PC Suite and OVI Suite offered similar functionality, depending on the phone (talking about the older, Symbian phones). It was very convenient to text using the PC keyboard, install or uninstall apps, backup everything, and manage your contacts. But not through Wi-Fi, only Cable, BT and IR.
So, I'll agree, this is something Google should have thought about much earlier. It's still not too late, though.

03flat4

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2006
Looks like a moer refined version of KIES Air, that came with my SGS2. Definitely shold have been there before.

weblinx

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Does it have to be the same IP Address? Wat if Im in the U.S. and the phone is abroad somewhere can I still access the phone?

weblinx

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2011
Does it have to be the same IP Address? Wat if Im in the U.S. and the phone is abroad somewhere can I still access the phone?

G

this APP is excellent!, but is there a way, where i could connect may fone on my office Computer on a different network?
like may office computer network in different from office wifi network... is there a way?

Thanks Very much!!

Status
Not open for further replies.