Core comparison for gaming use.

May 8, 2018
Which is better? i5 5th generation 5200u or i7 4th generation 4510u? My i5 5th gen broke down and they offered me a i7 4th gen under warranty for my laptop at Acer. The i7 4510u was called a quad core by their technician. I play games on almost a daily basis and would like to have smooth performance, and decent duration of gaming please help. Thank you in advance.

Solution
They are both dual core. Not going to see a significant difference, and you certainly won't notice it unless the game you're playing is particularly CPU intensive, but even then, pretty negligible difference. You can use NotebookCheck to compare any laptop component and to view benchmarks, tests and other information.

rune2h

Proper
May 1, 2018
They are both dual core. Not going to see a significant difference, and you certainly won't notice it unless the game you're playing is particularly CPU intensive, but even then, pretty negligible difference. You can use NotebookCheck to compare any laptop component and to view benchmarks, tests and other information.

Solution